Bovine Milk Adulteration
RIDA®QUICK CIS is an immunochromatographic test for the detection cow’s milk in milk or cheese of other species (sheep and goat).
Sheep’s milk and goat’s milk are much more expensive than cow’s milk, which is often used to extend sheep and goat’s milk. This means an adulteration of the product according to EU-law.
|Test format||25 x reaction strips (one for each determination)|
|Sample preparation||milk: use directly in the test cheese: homogenization and filtration|
|Incubation time||5 min|
|Detection limit||approx. 0.5 % cow’s milk in sheep and goat’s milk approx. 0.5 % cow’s milk in sheep and goat’s cheese RIDA®QUICK CIS test is capable to detect adulterations or mixtures up to 0.5 %. A positive result indicates that the sample has a cow milk content of 0.5 % or more.|
EuroProxima Plus Cow´s Milk
Art. No.: 5171MILK
A competitive enzyme immunoassay for the detection of raw and heat-treated cow’s milk in milk from other species.
The Plus Cow’s Milk ELISA is a fast screening tool for the detection of cow’s milk residues in milk products from other species. The test can be used for such purposes as:
- Quality control of the incoming goods, for example for the detection of residues of cow’s liquid milk in goat’s liquid milk batch to detect contamination before a batch is processed further.
- Quality control of a final product, for example for the detection of residues of cow’s milk powder in goat’s milk powder as a result of cross-contamination between production batches.
- Validated with different samples from dairy companies, both liquid and powder samples.
- Applicable for fresh and heat-treated samples.
- Short assay time (45 minutes in total).
SpecificationsArticle NumbersTest formatMicrotiter plate with 96 wells (12 strips with 8 wells each)Sample preparationValidated matricesGoat milk, sheep milk, goat’s milk powder, sheep’s milk powder.Detection range0.125 – 4 %Detected analyteCow’s milk in milk from other species.EvaluationMicrotiter plate spectrophotometer (450 nm)E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
|Test format||Microtiter plate, 96 wells (12 strips with 8 wells each).|
|Dilution (100 times) in dilution buffer.|
|Incubation time||45 min|
|LOD (Detection limit)||Cow’s liquid milk in goat’s/sheep’s liquid milk 0.2 %, cow’s milk powder in goat’s/sheep’s milk powder 0.2 %, cow’s colostrum powder in goat’s whey powder 0.2 %|
|Validated matrices||Goat milk, sheep milk, goat’s milk powder, sheep’s milk powder.|
|Detection range||0.125 – 4 %|
|Detected analyte||Cow’s milk in milk from other species.|
|Evaluation||Microtiter plate spectrophotometer (450 nm).|