RIDASCREEN® Ochratoxin A 30/15 is a competitive enzyme immunoassay for the quantitative analysis of ochratoxin A in corn, wheat, barley, rye, rice and feed.
The mycotoxin ochratoxin A is formed by fungi of the species Aspergillus and Penicillium. Apart from a marked nephrotoxicity, ochratoxin A displays hepatotoxic, teratogenic, carcinogenic and immunosuppressive properties.
There is a risk to human health not only through the intake of contaminated foods of vegetable origin, but also through foods of animal origin. Ochratoxin A has been detected in pig blood and kidneys, as well as in human blood and mother’s milk.
- Easy enzyme immunoassay that uses a water-based solvent for ochratoxin extraction.
- Ochratoxin A determination in a broad range of food (corn, wheat, barley, rye, rice) and feed samples within 45 minutes.
- Improved sensitivity: LOD cereals ≤ 1.2 µg/kg (ppb) and feed 1.6 µg/kg (LOD determination according to official guidelines of Eurochem).
- Simple sample preparation.
- Common water-based extraction procedure for cereal and feed samples – no need for disposal of organic solvents.
- For method validation: naturally ochratoxin contaminated QC material (Trilogy®) available.
|Test format||Microtiter plate with 96 wells (12 strips with 8 wells each).|
|Sample preparation||Extraction, centrifugation, dilution.|
|Incubation time||45 min|
|LOD (Detection limit)||Corn 0.5 µg/kg, wheat 0.5 µg/kg,
barley 0.4 µg/kg, rye 1.2 µg/kg,
rice 0.8 µg/kg, feed 1.6 µg/kg
|Validated matrices||Corn, wheat, barley, rye, rice and feed.|
|Available application notes||Applications for wine and coffee are available.
Further applications (oats, dried fruits, spices, tissue and serum) are still being developed.
Please contact your local R-Biopharm distributor for further information.
|Detection range||Corn, wheat, barley, rye, rice and feed
0.3 – 30 µg/kg, rye 0.6 – 60 µg/kg
|Detected analyte||Ochratoxin A in corn, wheat, barley, rye, rice and feed.|
|Evaluation||Please note that the following method must be used for the evaluation: Ridawin.NET\FOOD\Mycotoxins\R1312 Ochratoxin A 30_15.met.|